I do not remember asking to install pokki, so I assume it installed with some software I installed. So I have been trying to uninstall it, or at least remove it from my start menu. Neither control panel nor start menu show pokki so I have not been able to do anything about it except to exit it after I have booted windows 7. Your help section says to simply open control panel and then uninstall programs and then go to Pokki. But therein lies the problem - it is not listed on the program list. Windows clean-up software should allow me to remove pokki from the programs which begin automatically on bootup, but again pokki is not listed. Your help will be appreciated and give me greater confidence in your company. I thank you for your help. By the way, your contact page does not show an email address.
I’m sorry to see that you’ve had this experience, as mentioned on the site it should have been listed in your uninstall programs.
Please disable Pokki via the taskbar and then run the following tool.
Once you’ve run this tool, you can simply delete it.
Also, to verify Pokki has been removed, please do the following.
Ensuring Pokki is completely removed
1. Open an explorer window (ex. any folder will do)
2. Copy/paste into the address bar: localappdata (there should be a percentage sign placed at the front and end of localappdata) and hit the Enter key on the keyboard
3. You should not see a Pokki folder. If you do, please delete it
You can also verify that it no longer exists in the registry:
1. Open regedit (search for it in the start menu search if you are unfamiliar on how to get to it)
2. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pokki
3. Delete the Pokki folder
4. Restart your computer.
We don’t access your system in such a manner. You will need to remove it manually. The steps above should help.
We aren’t spamware, we don’t install anything other than Pokki on your system unless you selected something yourself. Pokki itself has it’s own safety to ensure you select to install it as well. Also, this instruction is to help ensure Pokki is removed, which is a guide specifically for getting rid of files only, not adding anything other than our tool that helps delete any files that remain if removing via uninstall or add/remove didn’t work. Which, when complete, you are free to delete.
If you are having difficulty uninstalling Pokki, removing it manually entirely would ensure all files are deleted. If you do not wish to adhere to our instructions, there are other generalized forums out there that will probably instruct upon similar steps that you could then follow to help remove Pokki.
Could you please provide me with the name of the software package that installed Pokki even when you unchecked the box?
1. I’m sorry for your experience, there should have been an option included in choosing not to install Pokki. I believe it may have been within the process of what was selected as the screens moved along.
2. There is an option to uninstall Pokki. It should have been placed in your Uninstall Programs section of your Control Panel. If not, there is also a manual way to access this file.
Could you please go into a little further detail regarding your login issue? Pokki does not touch logon of user accounts. We do install with other software packages but there is always an option to decide whether or not you choose to install Pokki with that software during the installation process. If you’ve uninstalled Pokki, then that should then not effect logging in, even if some files were left behind.
Please start your computer in safe mode, and use the following tool to remove any remaining contents of Pokki.
Unfortunately sometimes that does not get removed from the registry.
Follow these steps to remove it:
1. open the registry editor (search for regedit.exe)
2. Navigate to HKCU\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\shell\pokki
3. Delete that pokki folder
4. Restart your computer