After I completely removed Pokki I am still getting the following RunDLL error at random while I am working on my pc:
There was a problem starting %localappdata%\pokki\engine\launchdeskband.dll. The specific module could not be found.
I uninstalled pokki with revo uninstaller, then checked the localappdata, the registry and then ran the removal tool from dropbox. And I still get this message.
Please help I have been trying to resolve this for over a month after pokki just appeared on my pc. Suppose it was installed with another download.
Please search for ‘regedit’ (without the ’)
1. In your registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
2. There will be a Pokki registry entry, delete this entry
The registry entry listed above should control the error you are receiving.
If that file is missing then it may be an issue of corrupted data.
Please try the following:
1. If Pokki shows on your taskbar, right-click the taskbar and select Toolbars → Pokki in order to disable Pokki
2. Right-click the taskbar again and select ‘Task Manager’
3. Under the Processes tab, search for pokki.exe, and if any are running, right-click the process and ‘End task’
4. Then use the following tool
What file are you not able to find?
Should look something like this:
Can you show me a screenshot of that path in regedit?